- Specialist provider of advanced IT solutions for Environmental, Health & Safety, Audit, Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Well established company. Founded in 2000.
- Majority owned by a private investment consortium with significant assets.
- Headquartered in London, UK.
- Optial products implemented by Fortune 500 organisations in over 50 countries.
- Strong team from a wide and varied background, with importance placed on personal integrity, professionalism and fair dealing.
- Excellent client relationships: flexible, quality approach.
- Collaboration and excellent customer service are our guiding principles.
What Our Clients Say
"Optial sits on the same side of the table as the client" - a major financial institution.
Gideon Harbour, Chairman
Before founding Optial, Gideon Harbour ran the London operations of a private investment trust focusing on technology and real estate. Prior to 1995 he was with the consulting firm McKinsey & Co working in the Sydney and Atlanta offices. At McKinsey he worked with clients in finance, insurance and the steel industry, specializing in change management. Gideon holds an MA from Oxford in PPE (Economics).
Chris O’Brien, CEO & CTO
Joint founder of Optial, Chris has over 25 years experience in leading-edge system design and technology. After commencing his career in software development for retail and offshore banking with Lloyds Bank in London, he moved to Logica where he was involved in the design and definition of workflow applications. Optial is the result of Chris' research into extensible object relational architecture and highly flexible and scalable XML technology. Chris leads engineering and development of the system and sits on the Board of Optial.