- Configuration module supports structural changes to the platform thereby allowing different types of business data and associated fields to be captured.
- Changes can be made to new or existing workflow processes, menus, business rules, management reporting & analysis, categorisations & groupings, templates, and much more.
- Granular access control model functions at a field level, meaning that the ability to both edit and view fields can be set on a role-by-role basis.
- Workflow can be set with timeouts and notification steps to produce automatic system alerts and/or email notification to the assigned user, as well as escalating to predefined roles within the organisation structure.
- Standard audit trail report is available on all data items. Drill through individual parts of the audit trail, retrieve detailed information on how an item looked at a point in time, compare changes between different versions.
Real World Examples
Internal Audit Solution
Central Bank required an Internal Audit solution, with some very specific requirements. Optial delivered the solution successfully using its configuration and Business Intelligence capability.
Large Institution Proof-of-Concept System
Using an iterative requirements gathering/ agile approach, Optial delivered a demonstrable proof of concept system in a 12 week period, where previous ‘studies’ for same purpose had produced no tangible output over a much longer period.
Solvency II Captive Solution
Optial configured and built a specialised bespoke Solvency II Captive Insurance Solution for a client, evolving over time as requirements changed.
Enterprise Operational Risk Solution
Large OpRisk system, configured and deployed to over 20,000 users, integrating dozens of legacy systems, which produced a pay-back period for the project as a whole of just 13 to 14 months.
- Support multiple frameworks within one system, across all industries where reputation, compliance and good governance are paramount.
- Enable organisations to demonstrate a culture of strong risk management.
- Flexible methodologies can be configured locally to meet specific requirements for data gathering, approval, workflow, process management and analysis.
- Support complex multi-level organisation hierarchy structure which form the basis for the reporting hierarchies via a roll-up paradigm as well as access control. Organisation structure can be classified into geographical/business areas or business units, or Corporate/Steering functions resulting in the ability to report horizontally as well as vertically.
- Evolve Over time – the custom solution configuration can evolve over time, as either phased roll-out increases scope, or as business / regulations change. Configuration is guaranteed to be 100% compatible over each subsequent release.
- Multi-language support - fully multi-lingual system architecture. Standard Locales are used, allowing local language and culture (e.g. data formats, numeric separators). Remove the ‘language barrier’ for end users, helping to gain greater acceptance.
- Multi-currency support - Financial amounts can be captured in any currency with a currency code entered. Automatically convert into local currency amounts according to the currency of the organization unit.
There are several main deployment options available, either:
a) Hosted by Optial on servers operated by our hosting partner, Rackspace.
b) Hosted onsite in the clients data centre.
c) Hosted by a third party on behalf of the client.
Where the standard Optial module does not exactly match business requirements, Optial's platform-integrated Configuration feature provides what the business wants:
- Ability to tightly meet exact business needs through front-end configuration, not risky code.
- Configuration is 100% guaranteed to be backwards-compatible over each Optial software version.
- Achieve results rapidly, whether for production or proof of concept.
- Ability to change over time, as business and regulatory drivers change.
- Low Risk.
- Cost Effective.
- Specialist provider of advanced IT solutions for Environmental, Health & Safety, Audit, Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Well established company. Founded in 2000.
- Majority owned by a private investment consortium with significant assets.
- Headquartered in London, UK.
- Optial products implemented by Fortune 500 organisations in over 50 countries.
- Strong team from a wide and varied background, with importance placed on personal integrity, professionalism and fair dealing.
- Excellent client relationships: flexible, quality approach.
- Collaboration and excellent customer service are our guiding principles.