The collection of incidents across the organisation that might impact on the profit & loss, the organisation's reputation, or its ability to provide a quality service to its customers by collecting customer complaints and opinions, is a key aspect of sound risk management. The collection and analysis of incident data provides management information which can be fed back into the operational risk management and mitigation process. Ultimately the database of incidents built up over time will also provide the basis for quantitative modelling and the calculation of capital or reserves allocation, where required.
The key benefits of Optial’s Incident Management module include:
- Complete control of how your organisation hierarchy is represented within the application and the roles and responsibilities defined in each entity.
- Flexible workflow engine tailors the application to encompass your organisation's real world business processes.
- Interface with existing software solutions to reduce data duplication.
- Attach action plans to any data item to ensure mitigation requirements are fully tracked through to completion.
- Flexible data export options enabling Optial data to be utilised in quantitative calculation programs, external business intelligence tools etc.
- Fully configurable solution to suit a variety of established frameworks and regulatory requirements, e.g. COSO ERM, ISO 31000, Basel II, Solvency II, Sarbanes-Oxley etc.
- Drive accountability throughout your organisation by ensuring visibility of data and providing automated email notifications, reminders and escalations.
- Integrate seamlessly with other Optial modules (e.g. Compliance Management, Incident Management, Business Continuity Management etc.
- Full audit trail keeps track of every update, showing who made what change, and when.
- Full suite of reports ranging from user defined lists, to heat-maps, trends and fully interactive dashboards.
Optial’s Incident Management module enables organisations to:
- Utilise fully configurable data entry forms to capture relevant data in a consistent manner.
- Utilise separate workflows and escalations for differing financial impacts.
- Assign ownership to ensure accountability of the incident.
- Record transaction amounts in local currency and report in either local or group currencies.
- Record incidents at source via web-based forms or load automatically via external feeds.
- Prioritise resources and mitigation activities.
- Mark incidents as either losses or gains.
- Categorise incidents by event types, business lines and causal factors to support reporting and analysis.
- Ability to capture, investigate and analyse complaint related incidents in a structured manner
Incident Management in Optial is underpinned by the workflow process which determines the flow of each incident through to closure, including exception situations such as overdue items, escalations and multiple approvals.
Incidents can be linked to other items within Optial such as risks, controls, audit findings as well as other incidents.
One or many corrective actions can be added to each Incident. Each action is underpinned by a separate workflow and therefore effectively tracked through to successful closure.
The wide range of reporting options within the Optial platform gives you a complete overview of both the current status and the historical trends of your data.
- View your data via dashboards, trends, heat-maps, radars, barcharts, line charts, grids, tables etc.
- Produce structured management reports or externalregulatory reports in one click.
- Save frequently used reports to your personalised “Home” screen within the application.
- Self-service reporting available via a comprehensive list builder tool and advanced search functionality.
- Reporting layer fully respects underlying access control, ensuring that all users can utilise reporting functionality.
- Drill-through functionality available on all reports to view underlying business data.
- All reports can be exported into a variety of formats (PDF, Excel, Word etc.).
- Schedule reports to run based upon set frequencies to minimize manual intervention.
- Reporting layer optionally accessible via your own Business Intelligencetools, including SSRS, Tableau, QlikView, COGNOS, SAP etc.
- Multi language reporting is supported: the user can see report data in their native language, if required.
Click to enlarge...
Where the standard Optial module does not exactly match business requirements, Optial's platform-integrated Configuration feature provides what the business wants:
- Ability to tightly meet exact business needs through front-end configuration, not risky code.
- Configuration is 100% guaranteed to be backwards-compatible over each Optial software version.
- Achieve results rapidly, whether for production or proof of concept.
- Ability to change over time, as business and regulatory drivers change.
- Low Risk.
- Cost Effective.
- Specialist provider of advanced IT solutions for Environmental, Health & Safety, Audit, Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Well established company. Founded in 2000.
- Majority owned by a private investment consortium with significant assets.
- Headquartered in London, UK.
- Optial products implemented by Fortune 500 organisations in over 50 countries.
- Strong team from a wide and varied background, with importance placed on personal integrity, professionalism and fair dealing.
- Excellent client relationships: flexible, quality approach.
- Collaboration and excellent customer service are our guiding principles.