The key benefits of Business Continuity Management include:
- Complete control of how your organisation hierarchy is represented within the application and the roles and responsibilities defined in each entity.
- Flexible workflow engine tailors the application to encompass your organisation's real world business processes.
- Interface with existing software solutions to reduce data duplication.
- Attach action plans to any data item to ensure mitigation requirements are fully tracked through to completion.
- Flexible data export options enabling Optial data to be utilised in quantitative calculation programs, external business intelligence tools etc.
- Fully configurable solution to suit a variety of established frameworks and regulatory requirements, e.g. COSO ERM, ISO 31000, Basel II, Solvency II, Sarbanes-Oxley etc.
- Drive accountability throughout your organisation by ensuring visibility of data and providing automated email notifications, reminders and escalations.
- Integrate seamlessly with other Optial modules (e.g. Compliance Management, Incident Management, Business Continuity Management etc.
- Full audit trail keeps track of every update, showing who made what change, and when.
- Full suite of reports ranging from user defined lists, to heat-maps, trends and fully interactive dashboards.
Business Continuity Repositories
The Optial system is flexible and comprehensively supports the best practice framework for BCM (as defined by the Business Continuity Institute’s Good Practice Guidelines). Optial’s Business Continuity Repositories allow you to record and distribute Business Continuity related information such as:
- Business Continuity Policies
- Business Continuity Plans
- Incident Management Plans
- Activity Resumption Plans
- Business Impact Analysis libraries
Business Impact Analysis
Optial provides the business continuity manager with a robust and auditable framework for capturing various business impact analysis scenarios.
- Identify and track impacts which may result in damage to the organisation’s reputation, assets or financial position.
- Assign risk assessments, resumption plans and specific tactics to resume the activities.
- Facility to link BIAs, Risk Assessments, products/services, activities, tactics, policies and plans to provide full transparency.
- Record the business activities and management owners across the organisation.
- Quantify the timescale within which the interruption of each business activity becomes unacceptable to the organisation.
- The system provides a workflow-based approval process for each component
The wide range of reporting options within the Optial platform gives you a complete overview of both the current status and the historical trends of your data.
- Drill-through functionality available on all reports to view underlying business data.
- All reports can be exported into a variety of formats (PDF, Excel, Word etc.).
- Schedule reports to run based upon set frequencies to minimize manual intervention.
- Reporting layer optionally accessible via your own Business Intelligencetools, including SSRS, Tableau, QlikView, COGNOS, SAP etc.
- Multi language reporting is supported: the user can see report data in their native language, if required.
- View your data via dashboards, trends, heat-maps, radars, barcharts, line charts, grids, tables etc.
- Produce structured management reports or externalregulatory reports in one click.
- Save frequently used reports to your personalised “Home” screen within the application.
- Self-service reporting available via a comprehensive list builder tool and advanced search functionality.
- Reporting layer fully respects underlying access control, ensuring that all users can utilise reporting functionality.
Click to enlarge...
Where the standard Optial module does not exactly match business requirements, Optial's platform-integrated Configuration feature provides what the business wants:
- Ability to tightly meet exact business needs through front-end configuration, not risky code.
- Configuration is 100% guaranteed to be backwards-compatible over each Optial software version.
- Achieve results rapidly, whether for production or proof of concept.
- Ability to change over time, as business and regulatory drivers change.
- Low Risk.
- Cost Effective.
- Specialist provider of advanced IT solutions for Audit, Governance, Risk, Compliance and Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Well established company. Founded in 2000.
- Majority owned by a private investment consortium with significant assets.
- Headquartered in London, UK. Supporting our clients world-wide.
- Deployment options include on-premise and global hosting.
- Optial products implemented by Fortune 500 organisations in over 50 countries.
- Strong team from a wide and varied background, with importance placed on personal integrity, professionalism and fair dealing.
- Excellent client relationships: flexible, quality approach.
- Collaboration and excellent customer service are our guiding principles.